Key Action: CEF Telecom Call 2016
Action no: 2016-EU-IA-0067
Project coordinator: Francesco Guerra (UNIMORE)
Contact person name: Francesco Guerra
Contact person email: email@example.com
- Sidetrade (SIDETRADE), François Bancilhon (Team Leader)
- Università di Milano, Anna Giorgi
- Ministère de l’enseignement supérieur, de la recherche et de l’innovation (MESRI)
- Ministero dell’Istruzione, dell’Università e della Ricerca (MIUR)
Project’s website: researchalps.eu
- definition of a set of metadata able to represent the relevant characteristics of laboratories, research and innovation centers – “labs”
- creation of an open dataset describing the “labs” in the seven countries of EUSALP– focus on the 48 Regions of the Alpine Area.
- development of a semantic and multilingual web application for
- querying the dataset
- retrieving the results in open and structured formats and
- visualizing geo-referenced data
Keywords: research and innovation centers, dataset, data integration, metadata
Duration: 24 Months (01 July 2017 – 30 June 2019)
Estimated costs: 862830 Euro (contribution 431415 Euro)
Contract number: INEA/CEF/ICT/A2016/1296967
The RE-SEARCH ALPS project aims to gather, consolidate, harmonize and make available to different targets (public and private bodies working at local, regional and national level) data about laboratories and research and innovation centers which are active in particular in the regions of seven countries which constitute the Alpine Area. The project will allow to support the research and development process to possibly know: (a) what the laboratories and research centers do; (b) where they are located; (c) where excellence emerges, according to research fields / themes and numbers (active researchers, published papers, won prizes, running EU projects, gotten patents, etc); (d) people working in a specific center and determining its excellence; (e) network of relations they highlight in their websites.
The project is structured in three activities, and aims at achieving three main results: (1) definition of a standard set of metadata (based and extending the one defined by the INSPIRE Geoportal) able to represent laboratories and research and innovation centers; (2) publication of an open dataset describing the laboratories existing in the Alpine Area, with particular reference to the 48 Regions constituting the Area; (3) development of a semantic and multilingual web application for supporting users in querying the dataset and visualizing the obtained results. The project is strongly based on the CEF Building Blocks for data translation and user identification. The RE-SEARCH ALPS project consortium is led by the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (UNIMORE), and includes Data Publica, FR, University of Milan (UMIL), IT, the French Research Ministry (MESRI),FR, the Italian Education, Universities and Research Ministry (MIUR). A number of Public Administrations, acting as data providers and application users, will be involved in the project through EUSALP – EU Strategy for the Alpine Region, Action Group 1, led by UMIL.